Sunday, May 15, 2011

Steel Shooting Revo Style

This past weekend  I went to the Black Creek Steel Shoot in Mechanicsville, VA. Jim and Anton(MD's) put on a great match everytime and it's great practice. This particular time it was 7 stages of steel busting glory. There was also a great turn out of five revolver shooters in the 53 shooter field. We had some light showers during the match, but the good folks at Black Creek had tents up to keep us all dry.

I recently found an 11 pound trigger rebound spring that had shot out in the stratosphere when I had attempted a switch in my kitchen. After the garbage disposal starting making odd noises I wrote it off, until a 1911's recoil spring plug or whatever the proper name is pulled the same trick and led to its discovery. I installed that in my 625 directly prior to this match and am happy with the results.

I made a few mistakes here and there but it was a far better showing than my last videos...so what if I miked in the middle of the SteEL Presidente and almost ran through the table in Stage 6. I had fun and took my sights as seriously as I could...beating out all but one of the single stacks and a few others. http://blackcreeksteel.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/blackcreek-051411-overall1.pdf   Overall
http://blackcreeksteel.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/blackcreek-051411-divisions1.pdf By Division

Stage 1

Stage 3

Stage 4


Well I sure hope you enjoyed the videos. My next appearance is the USPSA Virginia-Maryland Sectionals where I'll be competing in the Revolver Division on Friday the 20th of May. Hope to see you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment