Friday, February 25, 2011

Why I chose revolver....and stuck with it thus far.

  So I've been competing with a revolver mostly for about a year now and I am really just starting to feel like I have the hang of it. My shots are mostly going where I want them to when I do my part and the reload is not an all day event any longer. Head shots happen not by divine concession, but practice and execution. Transitions aren't a perilous journey to rediscover the sights but a seamless segue to the next shot/array. Life is good and I'm having fun.

  I realized tonight that Revolver is a tough division to compete in when I picked up my limited gun and was just fooling around with some reloads and they were fast and easy. New mag in before the old mag hits the ground...no problem and I haven't shot this gun in a year more or less. All this and more rounds to shoot before the reload? Where do I sign up? Oh yeah Revolver division. Sorry Limited gun, you're really cool and all but I'm getting good at counting to six.

  I do find my my revolvers to be more noble. I just feel right when I strap on the Revo gear and get set to dry fire, practice or compete. There is just something comfortable about it to me. I am over the fact that it's not the fastest platform out there, nor the most efficient. I realize and embrace it's limitations. To me it's a great challenge and I love the puzzle the COF poses trying to find the sixes or the reload to make it happen. I'm not here to stitch up the course and have streams of brass arcing through the air, I'd rather laugh at myself for chasing the 7th shot or celebrate a smokin' series of reloads in a run.
 
I feel that I can learn something from every competitor in my division at a given match. The speed demon, the accurate one, the planner all have something to share with me. Most of all I really enjoy the fellowship of the Revolver division. I have lost count of the stages I have just walked up to shoot because I was off helping another shooter with something or vice versa. Nobody is too good to talk to you or so caught up in their equipment that it would take a house payment to catch up to them. It's just black fingered fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment