Wednesday, May 11, 2011

South Carolina Sectionals: Lessons Learned Part 2

Stages four and five were outhouse related with one shooting out of the outhouse and the second shooting into the outhouse. I missed causing a reload on stage four which was a six shot stage. Enough said there. Stage five was fairly simple. Shoot six...reload...shoot six...Virginia count. Oh yeah and you have to hold this dog leash the whole time. The videos are pretty boring as they are pretty static stages.


Stage six was a great planning stage that let the shooter break it into easy sixes. With a little better footwork and less forgetfulness I'd have rocked this stage. Nothing like turning around to come back to some targets left unshot.


Stage seven was interesting as it was raining fairly decently and they had just decided to bag the targets. I really need to get over hating bagged targets. I am actively working on it. A misstep here of activating the light with the wrong hand had to be corrected and there was a winger target here...cool idea.

Stage eight was designed by a revolver shooter. I liked it until the third shot when I alpha, no shoot miked and did not manage to correct it like an idiot. All other shots were alphas.

The chrono didn't get any video shot, but I did get some interesting comments such as: "You know you only have to make 165 right?" or "Wow, that makes major!" Great 193PF load that I came up with....won't do that again.
Stage nine was fast and I planned it the same way the great Cliff Walsh did. He's just faster at the shooting and reloading part. Haha!

 Building this post was very informative and it illustrated just how many mistakes I made. I will definitely learn from them and ensure they are not repeated.

I put a lot of time into these two posts please make comments Good or Bad. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment